v0.9.0 / 2021-03-18
- BREAKING CHANGE: Servers are configured as single-threaded in production by default, matching the current behavior of Google Cloud Functions.
- FIXED: Fixed conversion of Firebase events to CloudEvents to conform to the specs used by Cloud Functions and Cloud Run.
- FIXED: Fixed an error when reading a global set to a Minitest::Mock. This will make it easier to write tests that use mocks for global resources.
v0.8.0 / 2021-03-02
- ADDED: Support for lazily-initialized globals
v0.7.1 / 2021-01-26
- DOCS: Fixed several errors in the writing-functions doc samples
- DOCS: Updated documentation to note public release of GCF support
v0.7.0 / 2020-09-25
- Now requires Ruby 2.5 or later.
- BREAKING CHANGE: Renamed "context" hash to "globals" and made it read-only for normal functions.
- BREAKING CHANGE: Server config is no longer passed to startup blocks.
- ADDED: Provided a "logger" convenience method in the context object.
- ADDED: Globals can be set from startup blocks, which is useful for initializing shared resources.
- ADDED: Support for testing startup tasks in the Testing module.
- ADDED: Support for controlling logging in the Testing module.
- FIXED: Fixed crash introduced in 0.6.0 when a block didn't declare an expected argument.
- FIXED: Better support for running concurrent tests.
- DOCS: Expanded documentation on initialization, execution context, and shared resources.
- DEPRECATED: The functions-framework executable is deprecated. Use functions-framework-ruby instead.
v0.6.0 / 2020-09-17
- ADDED: You can use the --version flag to print the framework version
- ADDED: You can use the --verify flag to verify that a given function is defined
- ADDED: You can now define blocks that are executed at server startup
v0.5.2 / 2020-09-06
- FIXED: Use global $stderr rather than STDERR for logger
- DOCS: Fix instructions for deployment to Google Cloud Functions
v0.5.1 / 2020-07-20
- Updated some documentation links. No functional changes.
v0.5.0 / 2020-07-09
- Removed embedded CloudEvents classes and added the official CloudEvents SDK as a dependency. A
FunctionsFramework::CloudEventsalias provides backward compatibility.
v0.4.1 / 2020-07-08
- Fixed unsupported signal error on Windows.
- Fixed several edge case errors in legacy event conversion.
- Generated Content-Type headers now properly quote param values if needed.
- Minor documentation updates.
v0.4.0 / 2020-06-29
- Dropped the legacy and largely unsupported
:eventfunction type. All event functions should be of type
- Define the object context for function execution, and include an extensible context helper.
- Support for CloudEvents with specversion 0.3.
- CloudEvents now correct percent-encodes/decodes binary headers.
- CloudEvents now includes more robust RFC 2045 parsing of the Content-Type header.
- The CloudEventsError class now properly subclasses StandardError instead of RuntimeError.
- Removed redundant
_stringaccessors from event classes since raw forms are already available via
- A variety of corrections to event-related class documentation.
v0.3.1 / 2020-06-27
- Fixed crash when using "return" directly in a function block.
- Added a more flexible request generation helper in the testing module.
- Fixed several typos in the documentation.
v0.3.0 / 2020-06-26
- Updated the CloudEvent data format for converted pubsub events to conform to Cloud Run's conversion.
v0.2.1 / 2020-06-25
--signature-typecheck recognizes the legacy
v0.2.0 / 2020-06-24
- Converts legacy GCF events and passes them to functions as CloudEvents.
- The executable is now named
functions-framework-rubyto avoid collisions with functions frameworks for other languages.
- Deprecated the
eventfunction type. Use
- The CloudEvents implementation is now fully-featured and can encode as well as decode events.
- Wrote an expanded set of getting-started documentation.
Testing.load_temporarynow caches loaded functions so they don't have to be reloaded for subsequent tests.
- The executable recognizes the
--signature-typeflag, and verifies that the type is correct.
- Error reporting is expanded and improved.
- Fixed a crash when a batch CloudEvent was received. (These are still not supported, and now result in a 400.)
- Renamed a few undocumented environment variables, and added support for a logging level environment variable. All CLI flags now have associated environment variables.
- Several fixes to the example code, and added a new Sinatra example.
v0.1.1 / 2020-02-27
- Server returns 404 when receiving a /favicon.ico or /robots.txt request.
- Correct a rack constant name in Testing#make_post_request
v0.1.0 / 2020-01-30
- Initial release